As part of an established team, your role will involve the design and delivery of BI solutions for a large and well established Melbourne based organisation. Working from their head office you’ll be assisting organisations to enable and acquire real business benefit from the data in their operational systems.
Currently we have a permanent opportunity for a highly experienced Cognos developer who is highly competent leading a Cognos 10 implementation. It will be highly desirable if you have data modelling, data migration and business reporting experience. As Senior Cognos Developer you will be expected to consult with the client, provide coaching and quality assurance as to how to obtain the most from their BI solution.
- Analysis of customer requirements including provision of accurate estimates for implementation
- Logical and physical database design taking both functional and non-functional (e.g. performance, reliability, resilience, usability) requirements into account
- Data analysis (and occasionally data modelling, data cleansing and data migration)
- Design, code, unit testing and documentation of various reports
- Support for System and User Acceptance testing
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced staff
- Identifying and bringing to the attention of managers opportunities for further work
- Promoting best practice in area of expertise throughout the organisation
- Work with clients to define BI strategy and roadmap
- Proven experience of at least 2 successful Cognos 8, Cognos 10 implementations
- Expertise in metadata modelling using Cognos framework manager
- Expertise in Report Studio and Analysis Studio
- Expertise in developing complex Cognos Cubes
- Expertise in Cognos installation and Configuring Cognos security
- Proven experience of user requirements gathering and data modelling
- Experience of working in a structured IT environment
- Team player
- Experience of working in an IT consultancy/ IT services organisation
For further information on this permanent position please contact Rob Simpson on 03 8669 0969.